top of page
Messages green zone length mat/growth curve
Congratulations!!! Your child is healthy and growing according to their age.
For babies 0-6 months old:
- Exclusive breastfeeding is important in the first 6 months, give only breastmilk and no other liquids or solids (not even water)
- Get the weight of the baby measured monthly and the height every 3 months at the MindUp or local health center
- Follow the growth and development of your baby
- When the mother has to go back to work, she can express breastmilk so that it can be stored and fed to the baby when he/she is hungry
- Mothers should eat a healthy diet and drink more water so that milk production is adequate and of good quality
For children 6-24 months old:
- From 6 months of age, solids can be introduced, this is also called complementary feeding
- The texture, the frequency, and the amount of food should be adapted to the age of the child
- Choose nutritious foods from the 7 important food groups for children:
1.) Grains, roots, and tubers;
2.) Legumes, nuts, and seeds;
3.) Dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese);
4.) Flesh foods (meat, fish, poultry, and liver or organ meats);
6.) Vitamin A-rich fruits and vegetables (carrots, mangoes, dark green leafy vegetables, pumpkins, orange sweet potatoes);
7.) Other fruits and vegetables
- Continue breastfeeding up to 2 years of age along with introducing solid foods
Ensure complete child immunization according to schedule.
Maintain good hygiene.
Come to the MindUp regularly (preferably every 100 days) for growth monitoring and promotion services!
More information about:
bottom of page