You are welcome to visit the MindUp until the child is 5 years old for regular measurements of the weight and height of the child to see if he/she is still growing according to the growth curve. You are always welcome to ask questions about the health and development of your child!
After day 1,000
(Children < 5 years old)
Growth monitoring and promotion remains very important:
- Measuring the height and weight of a child regularly is important to make sure the child grows and develops well
- The weight and height of a child can be seen and measured, but the most important growth of the brain cannot be seen, however, if we see that a child grows well in height, we can assume that the brain also is developing well
Note: The child's weight and height should be measured every 6 months at the local health center or MindUp until the child is 5 years old.
Your child should get a vitamin A capsule at 30 months of age (1.5 years old):
Vitamin A helps to protect the child against illness and infection and helps to prevent night blindness
Responsive feeding and caring:
It is very important to respond to the baby’s cues for feeding and comfort in order for the child to develop well and reach its full potential.
A healthy diet is important throughout the whole life cycle:
- A healthy diet strengthens the learning potential and well-being of children and adolescents
- Contributes to decreasing the risk of today’s leading health problems in children and adolescents (including obesity, hart disease, cancer, and eating disorders)
- A healthy diet in early life enables healthy adulthood and ageing
How to maintain a healthy diet:
- Achieve energy balance and a healthy weight
- Limit energy intake from total fats and shift fat consumption away from "bad" fats (for example fat meat, pastries, fast food) to "good" fats (for example margarine, olive/sunflower oil, fish, nuts, eggs, avocado)
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables, and legumes, whole grains and nuts
- Limit the intake of free sugars (e.g. sugary drinks, pastries, candy, ice cream)
- Limit salt consumption from all sources and ensure that salt is iodized
Maintain good hygiene
Child development + developmental milestones